Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Need for Entertainment Tax




And this is one big reason we urge Hamilton County Commissioners to pass the Entertainment Tax.  We can't ask the wealthy to donate money to their own priorities.  We can't ask users to pay their share. 

And we certainly can't ask the buildings owners - the City of Cincinnati - to pay for their own buildings.  They have a streetcar to fund.  We need everyone to pay higher sales taxes to ensure that those who visit the opera don't have to pay more.

5 comments:

David Pepper said...

I'm with you. It disgusts me to see those COAST people suggesting that people like my parents can afford to spend an extra $5 for their opera ticket.

Stan Chesley, retired said...

Screw the little people. They can pay for my damn museum.

Princess Margaret said...

Let's get a tax to pay for upgrades to all of the places that we hold high-dollar fund-raisers. Music Hall, Union Terminal, Sharonville Convention Center, and the Queen City Club and University Clubs. Those last two are turning into such dumps, you'd think they were on the West Side. Ugh.

Ricky Baby said...

My friends in Germany would have no problems raising taxes to support their historic icons. Why can't everyone here love me like they do?

Jonathan Deceiver said...

I won't be caught dead supporting a single tax... until I get elected, but I am so despised in my own party, there's absolutely no chance that will ever happen.