Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Don't believe the anti-tax hype


Greetings comrades,

Those of you in the 28th District may have received some misleading mail over the past few weeks. These patently false campaign mailers attempt to mislead the voters by telling them that Virgil Lovitt will fight higher taxes and spending. We all know better than that. Virg has been a life-long supporter of bigger government. The proof is in the pudding - Virg was a staunch supporter of my Third Frontier project.

You might be asking yourself, what was the Third Frontier? Well, when I saw Ohio's economy beginning to lag during my time as Governor I knew I had to do something. Some tried to push me down the wrong path of less red-tape, lower taxes and reduced spending. I knew better, and so did Virg. We shared the conviction that big government, and not free enterprise, was the best vehicle for promoting economic development and creating jobs. With that in mind, I borrowed a page from the economic planning committees in the old Soviet Union and China and proposed my Third Frontier Project, which would raise $1.6 billion from the taxpayers to support positive economic growth in the research and tech industries.

Look at what we accomplished together. The Third Frontier was a smashing success, and Ohio's economy has never been better. One only has to drive down Chester Road to see all of the high-paying tech jobs we created in Sharonville. It is because of higher taxes that well-paid cashiers in Sharonville's fast food restaurants can properly use those new-fangled cash registers. And how would Sharonville's blooming prostitution industry have managed to survive if it's hookers were unable to use the internet to lure men to Sharonville's cheap motels for sexual dalliances?

Virg stood by me when I needed support for my high-tax policies. I'm going to stand by him now, when he needs me most. Don't believe the tax-cutting hype you hear about Virgil Lovitt. He's as true and blue a taxer as I've ever met. I'll stake my personal reputation and good name on it. Nobody is respected more in this State than me, and I want to make sure that everyone in the 28th District knows that I support Virgil Lovitt for the Ohio House of Representatives.

Keep working hard Virg, and keep your chin up! Once we get you up to Columbus maybe we can push for a Fourth Frontier. Ohio needs you to maintain its high tax reputation.

Sincerely,

Governor Bob Taft

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With prostitution at an all time high in Sharonville, why didn't Virgil try to tax them? It would seem to me that taxing adult "services" would be a no brainer - especially if you're not going to fight it.