Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lovitt reaffirms support for Todd Portune

Even after being named the Republican nominee for Ohio's 28th House District, Virgil Lovitt continues to stand behind his endorsement of Democrat Todd Portune, proving to all of us what a great Republican ole' Virg really is. Lovitt is a special kind of Republican. Not only is he a big supporter of Democratic tax increases, earning our 2008 Tax Hiker of the Year award, he also endorses the Democrats behind them.

Virg is our kind of Republican. Anyone with an ounce of party loyalty will see this and remind themselves why they too should support Lovitt. Virgil Lovitt for State Representative.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw Virgil at Argosy once playing roulette. It was weird, he wasn't winning and he wasn't losing. I asked him about his strategy and he told me that he place big equal bets on RED and BLACK. That way he always is one the winning side.

Governor Bob Taft said...

Finally - a candidate that I can get behind. My biggest regret as Governor is that I didn't use my considerable power to support more politicians who introduce tax hikes. If I had it to do all over again I might just endorse both Lee Fisher and Tim Hagan. Godspeed Virg!

Anonymous said...

I was sittng outside Gov. Strickland's office and heard him on the phone. He was saying "why don't we get our buds to start a bogus website called Republicans for Higher Taxes"! We'll make it look nice and legit and well get our minions to bash the best Republican candidates in hopes of getting our weak Democratic candidates elected! And if we get lucky, we'll even fool that gullible Cincy media into believing that we aren't a sham!

He then made anaother call :Buy off Jim Raussen!" he barked, then slammed down the phone.

Anonymous said...

anonymous 4:43, are you denying that Virgil Lovitt has endorsed Todd Portune? Are you denying that Lovitt endorsed the Sales Tax increase last year? Are you denying that he's endorsed quite a number of additional tax increases?

Lovitt isn't a Republican. He's a blind opportunist. I'm a Republican who lives in the 28th District and I'm sure not voting for him. Todd Portune and Republicans for Higher Taxes can help him for all I care.

Anonymous said...

Check out Virg's webiste http://vlovitt.com/photos.htm where he proudly displays a picture of him with Governor Strickland (D).