Dear fellow tax hikers, our endorsed candidate for County Commissioner Leslie Ghiz has discovered a massive conspiracy against her orchestrated by the Hamilton County Republican Party and its Chairman Alex Triantafilou. Being the tough woman she is, last night at the Party's Lincoln Dinner Ghiz stood up for herself and ripped into her former friend Triantafilou.
In front of a large group of people including Commissioner Greg Hartmann, Ghiz screamed at Triantafilou for being a part of the Republican conspiracy against her and her pro-tax campaign for Commissioner. She complained that everything has been favoring her anti-tax opponent Chris Monzel and everyone was against her. Finally, Ghiz's Canadian husband pulled her away and she angrily stormed out of the event.
We have checked around and can confirm that this conspiracy is real. Consider the evidence:
1) Monzel has 55 endorsements from a large number of elected officials and some other political leaders. Ghiz still only has one.
2) At last night's dinner there were Monzel pens everywhere and lots of people wearing Monzel stickers. There were no Ghiz pens and we heard of no more than 3 people wearing Ghiz stickers, out of 600 in attendance.
3. Monzel's ad was placed on the back cover of last night's official program, Ghiz's was buried on the inside.
4. The keynote speaker was that anti-tax Congressman Michelle Bachmann who has opposed tax increases as strongly as Chris Monzel. How could Ghiz feel comfortable in such a conservative environment? Ghiz felt compelled to leave early so she would not have to listen to the conservative, anti-tax Bachmann.
5. The invocation was given by Monzel Co-Chairman Heather Harlow, the Pledge of Allegiance was led by Monzel supporter Charlie Norman, and the reading of public officials was read by Monzel Co-Chairman Russ Jackson.
6. Rumors have it that Monzel is raising good money while Ghiz is struggling to raise funds.
7. Some say it looks like Si Leis is part of the conspiracy. Looks, like, and Leis all start with the letter L. That can't be a coincidence. It has to be a conspiracy!
It is so unfair how Ghiz is being treated. She has earned this nomination. She endorsed Democrat David Pepper for Commissioner 3 years ago, she voted to build a $200 million streetcar, she endorsed Pepper's $800 million Sales Tax hike, she voted to give $800,000 to The Freedom Center. Monzel did none of these things.
We stand behind Leslie Ghiz. We call on all you tax hikers to fight this vast, right-wing Republican conspiracy against Ghiz. It is so important that we elect a Republican candidate who endorses Democrats and raises taxes. FIGHT THE CONSPIRACY! Leslie Ghiz for Commissioner!