Friday, July 27, 2012

Just one week away

Dear fellow tax hikers, we are less than one week away from our Five Year Anniversary!  When we launched this site nearly five years ago, who amongst you thought we would last this long?  We are proud to say, not only have we survived, but as we improved our craft we have only grown stronger and more widely read.  This past year has been our best ever. 

We are producing the highest-quality work this site has seen and we have no plan to slow down.  This site will be here for many more years to come.  We are especially proud of the increased public participation since our award-winning series on Tracy Winkler brought numerous new readers to our site.  Your timely comments add something special that we could never produce ourselves.

Now we ask you, our loyal readers, to submit your ideas to celebrate our Five Year Anniversary.  We already have some secret plans, but there's room for more.  We want to know what all of you think.  August 3rd is as much of a gift to you as it is a celebration for ourselves.  Tax us more!

11 comments:

Campaign Expert Matheny said...

How about I host a party in one of my empty office suites or in one of the empty restaurants in Springdale, or in that near-desolate farmers market I help organize?

princess Margaret said...

Let me know so I can buy a new outfit in plenty of time. And keep those smelly inbred west siders away, except for our friends in Green Township.

Billy Blessing said...

I might be able to ecommend a park for some after-hours fun.

http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?casenumber=/06/CRB/22378

Hamilton County Republican Party elected officials caucus said...

!@#$%^&*!@#$%^&*!@#$%^& ! F@ck y'all!

Senile Si Leis said...

Five years? That's it? Pshaw. I've had over 20 five year anniversaries.

MS. Vicky Z said...

How about a public event featuring my beloved sister Jean Schmidt? I would welcome the chance to grovel at her feet again. I'll offer either one of my empty offices. Gots to run now, I've got a super-duper important swim meet tomorrow.....to watch.

SENATOR BILL said...

I WANT TO COMMEND YOU ALL FOR YOUR FIVE YEARS OF REPORTING ON ALL THOSE NEFARIOUS LIBERAL TAX HIMES THAT PEOPLE LIKE CONNNIE PILLICH HAVE PROMOTED. THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I'VE FOUND IT NECESSARY TO RAISE TAXES BUT THAT WAS FOR IMPORTANT THINGS. RAISING TAXES FOR CRAP IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA. AND IT IS CERTAINLY NOT A GOOD IDEA IN TOHIS ECONOMY. I THINK YOU ALL UNDERSTAND WHERE I AM COMING FROM BECAUSE YOU ALL HONORED ME AS THE TAX HIKER OF THE YEAR BACK IN TWO THOUSAND WHATEVER. BUT THAT WAS WHEN IT WAS GOOD TO RAISE TAXES.

COUNT ME IN FOR YOUR CELEBRATION, MY BROTHERS, JUST MAKE SUREYOU SERVE GOOD LIQUOR AND THAT I CAN LIGHT UP A GOOD CIGAR THERE.

Lady Lynn Larson said...

Whatever you do during the day, I will invite everyone to mi casa that evening for one great Par-tay! Open bar, all ages welcome, it's gonna be a blast!

Tim Burke said...

Your coverage of Republicans who raise taxes was very helpful to getting Connie Pillich, Chris Seelbach, Wendell Young, Laure Quinlavan, David Pepper, Wayne Coates, Todd Portune and Steve Driehaus elected. Keep up the good work, men.

Hartmann's Staffer said...

Can't wait to get my drink on at this totally fabu shindig! Meow :)

Ben Dover said...

AS long as Billy shows up, haven't seen him around the park lately.