66 stinkin' votes. Should have just added another 6.
Ricky responded to his defeat by stating: "It was a year that we were done in by low voter turnout and a strong negative campaign."
First of all, we strongly condemn anyone who ran a negative campaign against our Ricky Baby. We feel so bad for Rick, the Paragon of Virtue and Keeper of All Things Good and Right. His campaign was as pure as the winter snow. Rick absolutely did not:
- criticize one of his opponents for not living in the district for each of the last 75 years
- condemn one of his opponents because his bank neglected to pay the insurance premiums he sent them
- refer to streetcar opponents as "bullies"
- claim one of his opponents didn't have a campaign treasurer from the 28th District (note: the address listed for Rick Bryan's campaign is in
- criticize both of his opponents for lacking his experience
No, NONE of that happened, because Tax Hikin' Rick Bryan said he ran a fully positive campaign.
Ricky Baby says he ran a positive campaign based on his qualifications and experience. And no doubt, he had the best of both.
Nobody has more experience raising taxes than Rick Bryan. Nobody is more qualified to spend money on a $75 million park than Rick Bryan. And nobody has done more to pay for Blue Ash Council's taxpayer-funded junkets to Germany than Rick Bryan. We are disgusted that such a positive and pure big government Republican like Tax Hikin' Rick Bryan could lose his election by a mere 66 votes.