Sunday, October 31, 2010
Connie Pillich for State Rep
Dear fellow tax hikers, two years we were distraught when our 2008 Tax Hiker of the Year Virgil Lovitt was defeated by Connie Pillich. But we tax hikers can admit when we were wrong about someone, and we have to admit that Pillich has very quickly developed into one of Southwest Ohio's finest tax hikers. Let's review the Connie Pillich record:
1) Supported $1.5 billion of fee increases, after Governor Strickland admitted that fee increases are tax increases. "Gov. Ted Strickland told The Dispatch, 'I think higher fees are higher taxes." We concur, and that's why we are so proud of Pillich for voting for these important fee/tax increases.
2) Not content with raising those fees, Pillich then voted to raise Ohio's Income Taxes by $900 million.
3) Supported sending another $3.1 million of taxpayer funds to The Freedom Center. The fact that Connie received thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from the Pepper family does not mean that Pillich's vote is for sale.
4) Publicly campaigned for the last Diane Adamec property tax levy.
5) Not content to raise taxes in her own school district, Connie actually campaigned for a huge property tax increase in the Winton Woods School District, where she neither lives nor works.
6) A true feminist, Connie Pillich chose to keep her maiden name, vowing to never take the name of a dirty man!
While we would have been ecstatic had Virgil Lovitt won this race 2 years ago, we acknowledge that Connie has more than exceeded our expectations. Pillich has been a reliable vote for the tax-and-spend Governor Ted Strickland. She has become one of Southwest Ohio's finest tax hikers. For that, she deserves re-election to the Ohio House so she can keep raising our taxes. Re-elect Connie Pillich!