Dear fellow tax hikers, tonight your favorite blog Republicans for Higher Taxes begins releasing our choices for the 2010 general election. Our first endorsement was an easy one. With no hesitation, we strongly endorse the re-election of Jean Schmidt to Congress.
Her opponent in this race, whoever he is, has not been visible in any way. We would call him a ghost, except that some people would accuse us of making a racial slur.
Jean Schmidt has been one of the past decade's finest tax increasers. Consider the fantastic Jean Schmidt record:
1. Proudly voted for Bob Taft's 20% Sales Tax hike. Our good friend Michelle Schneider also voted for this.
2. Voted for Bob Taft's 27% Gas Tax increase. Gas prices were way too low and Jean knew the government needed to take action to raise them.
3. Sponsored the legislation to more than double Hamilton County Hotel/Motel Tax. This legislation was sponsored by Schmidt, endorsed by Virgil Lovitt, and signed into law by Governor Bob Taft - a legendary trio of tax hikers.
4. Has strongly supported great Republicans like 2008 Tax Hiker of the Year Virgil Lovitt, 2009 Tax Hiker of the Year Michelle Schneider, and pro-tax Sheriff Simon Leis.
5. When not raising taxes, Jean Schmidt voted with Barack Obama to pass George Bush's $800 billion Bailout for Wall Street Billionaires.
Jean Schmidt legacy is daunting. She has left Ohio with higher taxes and bigger government. And by voting for the big government policies of George Bush and Barack Obama, Schmidt left America with massive debt that her great-grandchildren who haven't even been born yet will spend their entire lives paying off. This is one fantastic record from our Jean Schmidt, who is one fantastic Congressman. Re-elect Jean Schmidt to Congress!