Dear fellow tax hikers, we condemn the inaccurate flyer circulating around the 28th Ohio House District that seeks to impugn the great record of our 2011 Tax Hiker of the Year Rick Bryan.
This offensive flyer stated, "Rick Bryan wants to lower our taxes!"
Baloney! When has Tax Hikin' Rick Bryan ever wanted to lower our taxes? Rick has been a very reliable tax-and-spend Republican during his entire 19-year political career. We will not sit by and allow outsiders to falsely portray Rick as some conservative.
Rick's record of being a big government Republican shall not be challenged:
1. Rick endorsed and voted to raise Blue Ash's Earnings Tax by 25%. Blue Ash Council recently announced this tax hike would be made permanent. After all, their $75 million (and counting) park won't pay for itself.
2. Rick teamed up with David Pepper, Todd Portune, and Marc Dann to endorse a huge 15 year, $777 million Sales Tax increase for Hamilton County. Sadly, this tax hike failed at the ballot box.
3. Rick strongly supported the re-election of Hamilton County's greatest Commissioner ever, Bob Bedinghaus. Rick cited Bob's excellent work on the stadiums as a key reason to give him 4 more years.
4. Rick courageously fought local conservatives by having Blue Ash City Council help fund the Cincinnati Streetcar. We need more streetcars in Ohio, and Rick is just the guy to get them built.
5. Voted with a unanimous Blue Ash City Council to endorse the tax increase which more than doubled the Hotel/Motel Tax
in Hamilton County. This tax increase was pushed by Virgil Lovitt,
sponsored by Jean Schmidt, and signed into law by Bob Taft - a legendary
trio of tax hikers.
We have a message for you outsiders. Don't come to Southwest Ohio and spread falsehoods against our tax-and-spend allies. We will be here to set the record straight every time.