Dear fellow tax hikers, we give our strongest possible endorsement to Sean Donovan for Sheriff. Donovan is one of our closest friends and is by far the finest candidate on the ballot this year. Consider the Sean Donovan record:
1) Stood with Marc Dann, Simon Leis, David Pepper, Todd Portune, Roxanne Qualls, and Tax Hikers of the Year Virgil Lovitt and Rick Bryan to support a huge 15 year, $777 million Sales Tax increase for Hamilton County. Mr. Donovan continues to speak out in favor of such a plan, which means our taxes will go up if he gets his way.
2) Supports our beloved Cincinnati Streetcar. He has publicly and vocally supported this great idea for years - speaking out at County Commission meetings, giving pro-streetcar tv interviews, writing letters to the editor, spreading the word on the blogs, and campaigning against efforts to kill it.
3) Refuses to support a Performance Audit of the Sheriff's Department, as his opponent Jim Neil wants. Donovan don't need no stinkin' audit to tell him where he's wasting money!
4) Openly operates a liquor license establishment downtown, in spite of Sheriff's Department rules that specifically prohibit employment at a liquor license establishment.
5) Does not support Neil's plan to consolidate the major functions of the Department and cut the ensuing amount of Administrator positions. That would mean he'd have to release some overpaid double-dippers and we can't have that!
Not only is Donovan the ideal Republican, his opponent Jim Neil is a horrific candidate! Neil opposes a tax increase for a new jail. Can you believe that someone would say no to higher taxes that would allow their department to spend more? Even worse, Neil refuses to endorse the streetcar. Neil wants the Ohio Auditor to execute a Performance Audit of the Sheriff's Department, and he wants to cut Administrative staff that is currently dominated by Si's aging double-dippers.
- Do you crave higher Sales Taxes? Then vote for Sean Donovan!
- Do you want to spend $150 million on a streetcar? Vote Sean Donovan!
- Do you oppose an independent audit of a $57 million department? Vote Sean Donovan!
- Do you want to get drunk at a Sheriff's liquor store? Vote for Donovan! (then drink)
We are so in love with Donovan that we are making this our target race for 2012. We tax hikers must win this one. In the name of higher taxes, we urge everyone to work day and night to elect Sean Donovan our next Sheriff.