Saturday, February 9, 2013

Weekend Contest

Dear fellow tax hikers, over the past few weeks we have had to delete a larger number of user comments than usual.  Most of them are from the Hochscheid Hippos.  Some are not, which we believe includes the one below.

For this weekend's contest, we ask all of you to guess the number of grammatical errors in the following comment, posted by user Unemployed Editor:

"At least the Rowan's both have jobs unlike some Colerain familys I could name. Hope the wife doesn't screw her's up anymore, wonder what the wistle blower would say them."

FYI: our working definition of grammatical errors is to broadly include all offenses against the English language.  At this point, we don't need you to spend time correcting the many errors or rewriting it using proper English.  We'll get to that later.  Just submit the number of errors by 10:00 PM Sunday.


2/11 update:  For the benefit of the English-challenged user, we are going to rewrite the above slam using proper English.  A more educated person would likely have written:

"At least the Rowans both have jobs unlike some Colerain families I could name.  Hope the wife doesn't screw hers up anymore.  Wonder what The Whistleblower would say then."

There are some who would say "anymore" should be split into two words.  Some feel otherwise.  We will not tackle that ongoing English dispute here at Republicans for Higher Taxes. 

11 comments:

Campaign Expert Matheny said...

I don't see any mistaks their.

Princess Margaret said...

Undoubtedly, this discordant prose was written by an uncouth, ill-mannered, uncultured, and poorly educated individual with poor personal hygiene whose upbringing took place on the occidental side of the central business district of Cincinnati.

Completely non-political 2001 Elder Alum said...

Although I wouldn't know a thing about the Rowan family or the other family so maliciously impugned herein, I am very "Madeira Proud" of any efforts to unseat a member of the ruling clads. This is because I am not a politician and have no desire to seek political office. Well, except for my three failed attempts at political office.

Tax Hikin' Rick Bryan said...

I see only 1 mistakes and zero tax increases. I'm dissappointed!

Racist Pig Craig Hochscheid said...

A bon vivant never makes a grammatical error. This is true even if the bon vivant is a fat, underemployed pig with a horrific looking, morbidly obese wife who ives in a shanty in Price Hill.

Mike Moronski said...

Excellent contest that I, as a former teacher, wish I had thought of during my teaching days. Say, are you guys in the market for an English teacher/editor? I need a job now and I'd be happy to work for you.

I hope, however, that you won't fire me when I blog in contradiction of your teachings. I should have the right to take my employer's money then speak out against my employer's values.

The Hart said...

Who cares about those errors? What about the FOUR errors the voters in Colerain have made when they didn't elect me? But because I am so wonderful, I will tell you there are SIX errors.

K. LeMaster said...

The number of grammatical errors is 3 fewer than the number of alcoholic drinks I had the night I was arrested for DWI.

Kathy Sunkist said...

The number of grammatical errors is greater than the number of terms I was elected to, but less than the number of years I've been angrily complaining and demanding public records to construct my fantasy Colerain Township governing team in exile.

Coke Zero said...

I'm with Mike Moron-ski. I work as a Pepsi Salesman, yet for some reason they don't allow me to publicly declare that Coke is superior. Those authoritarian pigs!

As for your contest, who cares how many mistakes their are. Why do you authoritarians care about standards. Me and Moron-ski don't.

Bullet Hedger said...

Me no see eny grammar problems hear.